[et_pb_section bb_built=”1″ admin_label=”section”][et_pb_row admin_label=”row” background_position=”top_left” background_repeat=”repeat” background_size=”initial”][et_pb_column type=”4_4″][et_pb_text use_border_color=”off” background_position=”top_left” background_repeat=”repeat” background_size=”initial” _builder_version=”3.21.4″ z_index_tablet=”500″]
As the quest to retain youthful looks gains momentum, newer, more technologically advanced cosmetic procedures are introduced every day. Some take off, like Botox did. Others catch up fast, such as Microneedling skin treatment. If you’ve tried all kinds of anti-ageing skin serums and “magic potions” but nothing’s worked, perhaps you could give this a try. It is a little uncomfortable but glowing, satisfied clients range from Gwyneth Paltrow and Naomi Watts to Kim Kardashian. As the old saying goes, no pain, no gain! Here’s how it works!
How Microneedling Works
Microneedling is minimally invasive. The products penetrate deeper to work better. The procedure uses micro-fine needles (0.5 to 2 millimetres in diameter) to create tiny punctures in the skin to trigger the body’s natural healing capabilities, triggering the production of collagen and elastin that rush to repair and rejuvenate skin cells. Skin enhancing products containing hyaluronic acid are then topically applied to seep deeper into the surface and create a new layer of younger, smoother, more flawless skin. It’s all pretty scientific! Just schedule a consultation with a licensed practitioner to see if you qualify before you proceed.
How to Prepare for Microneedling
- Exfoliate the skin every two to three days prior to the treatment to remove dead cells.
- Increase consumption of fruits such as berries and fresh vegetables.
- Have multivitamin supplements (Vitamin A, C, E and zinc especially) to aid recovery and collagen production.
- The treatment starts with a consultation with a healthcare practitioner where your skin type and body conditions will be analyzed first.
- Your face will be desensitized with anesthetic topical cream before the treatment begins to minimize discomfort.
Microneedling is not completely painless but the discomfort lasts only a day or two. It works best for those looking to treat fine lines and wrinkles, large pores or acne scarred skin. Both the wound healing process and penetration of vitamin-rich products combine to get rid of bacteria and encourage the skin to plump up with a youthful glow to take a few years off your face.
A bit of redness after the treatment is not uncommon. Neither is a dewy freshness once that subsides. But for the results to be actually visible, you would need a few more sittings that your aesthetician will talk to you about. The number of treatments depends on the patient’s skin condition but typically three to five treatments over four to six week intervals should suffice. You will also need maintenance treatments every six to nine months. The treatment can be tailored to individual needs.
Post Treatment Care
- Avoid makeup for at least 12 hours after the treatment.
- Use high-quality skin products – cleansers, moisturizers and sunblocks that do not contain harsh chemicals such as Alpha Hydroxy Acids, Beta Hydroxy Acid, Retinol (Vitamin A) and Vitamin C in a low pH formula to avoid irritation and skin reactions.
- Keep your skin well hydrated after the treatment. It might tend to feel dry for a while.
- Apply skin treatment products that contain hyaluronic acids, moisturizers with ceramides and water sprays to keep skin moist immediately after.
- Steer clear of skin products containing harsh, abrasive irritants such as exfoliators, and alcohol based toners until your skin is well healed.
- Avoid strenuous workouts, the gym, sauna and long walks under the sun for at least a couple of days after the treatment to avoid inflammation from sweat.
- Keep out of direct sunlight, heat and UV exposure to avoid burns.
Results will be visible over a weeks after collagen and elastin within the dermis layer of skin start taking effect. The process can be used on all skin colours and types. Avoid if you have any infection or active, acne, sunburn or allergies such as eczema.
Enriched Med Spa
Enriched Med Spa provides you with a welcoming and professional environment to serve your medical and aesthetic needs. Our well trained staff goes to every length to ensure your comfort and relaxation before every treatment. Call us to schedule a microneedling appointment.