Lip fillers have gained huge popularity among young females over the last two decades owing to the medical procedures resulting in fuller lips.
Generally, the lip fillers that make your lips plump and give your lips a full appearance are mostly known as dermal fillers. These dermal fillers are of four types, namely:
- hyaluronic acid
- calcium hydroxylapatite
- poly-L-lactic acid (PLLA)
- polymethylmethacrylate (PMMA)
Lip fillers aren’t permanent and require proper maintenance and frequent visits to a health centre throughout the medical procedure.
However, it may even cause swelling or certain bruises for some people after getting the medical procedure. For this reason, it’s vital to ensure that proper steps are followed while undergoing the procedure.
This article explains everything about aftercare for lip fillers to help clients with their grievances. So, to know everything about the lip filler aftercare routine, continue reading this article.
Lip filler aftercare tips
- If there are bruises or swelling at the injection site, it’s better to apply aloe vera gel or arnica cream.
- Apply an ice cube or an ice pack immediately after the treatment to avoid swelling or itching.
- Perform light exercises like brisk walking rather than engaging in strenuous exercises.
- Water is an essential part of a skincare routine. Therefore, it’s vital to be hydrated at all times. Fruits and vegetables like cucumber, watermelon, oranges, peaches, tomatoes, etc. Can also be of help.
- After the lip filler treatment, avoid excessive sodium intake for the next few days.
- Avoid hot weather conditions for at least two days after the treatment.
- Lips are very sensitive and are often prone to lip trauma. Hence, avoid kissing or lip-biting after the procedure.
- Avoid alcohol consumption and smoking for a few days before and after your treatment.
- It would help if you used a straw for drinking anything for at least two to three days after the treatment.
- Avoid cosmetics or makeup for a day after the treatment.
- Avoid sleeping with your face on the pillow after the treatment to avoid unwanted complications.
- Also, avoid travelling for a while to avoid bruises.
- Lastly, consult a doctor before taking the medications.
So, these were the lip filler aftercare tips that the clients must follow to ensure better lip health. Now, let’s discuss the dos and don’ts for lip filler aftercare.
Do’s and Don’ts for lip filler aftercare
|Stick to digestible foods.Be gentle with your skin and lips.||Avoid having a facial or lip massage.|
Avoid using any kind of exfoliating agents on your lips.
When will it achieve the final look?
The lip filler procedure is done in just 15 to 30 minutes. Though, it takes time to get the desired results.
You will experience swelling or bruising on your lips after the treatment in the initial days. Then, the lips appear plumpy within 3 to 4 weeks of your treatment. This plump and full appearance of your lips lasts up to 6 to 8 months post your treatment.
With that said, let’s discuss the side effects of getting lip fillers discussed in detail below.
What are the side effects of getting lip fillers?
The side effects of lip filler treatments occur right after the treatment or after some hours and can be cured within a short period. These side effects are as follows:
- Redness or rashes
- Swelling, pain, or tenderness
However, it’s also important to know when to see a doctor if something goes wrong with your lip-filling treatment. So, let’s discuss that in detail below.
When to see a doctor?
Sometimes clients experience intense pain or itching on their lips from an unknown side effect. These side effects last longer if they remain untreated. In such cases, it’s vital to contact a doctor or a medical professional to address them as soon as possible.
These side effects are generally unusual and can pose serious lip complications. But, thanks to effective medical aesthetician procedures, these side effects are rare and occur if you have allergies or health problems.
Clients sometimes experience side effects such as lumping, vascular occlusion, cold sores, etc. Therefore, inform your doctor before the treatment if you are allergic to something or prone to cold sores.
Getting lip fillers enhances lip aesthetics in a shorter period without disrupting your lifestyle. But it’s vital to undergo the treatment with an authorized and well-recognized dermatologist. Like any other treatment, getting lip filler injections also have certain side effects that you must avoid at all costs.
Therefore, before undergoing lip filler treatment, make sure to do thorough research about both its pros and cons.
Why choose ENRICHED MED SPA?
ENRICHED MED SPA is a one-stop platform for getting lip filler treatments at a reasonable price. ENRICHED MED SPA has skilled and professional dermatologists to help you get the best lip-filling treatment without any side effects. Visit their website or contact them for lip-filling services.