A Botox cosmetic procedure for younger, smoother skin is non-surgical, quick, effective, inexpensive and getting popular by the day. It is easy to see why the anti-wrinkle treatment is favoured by both men and women. You can come back with smoother, younger skin over lunchtime without taking any time off. No need for any anesthesia or downtime for recovery. You can apply your makeup soon after and continue with your daily schedules. But you do need to avoid a few activities for the best results.
6 Precautionary Measures After Botox Treatment
- Avoid Strenuous Activities: Exercise increases blood circulation that can diffuse the products injected in your face, lessening the effects. Avoid the gym, yoga, aerobics, dancing, sports or any strenuous activity that can get your blood pumping and your heart beating faster. Wait for a couple of days before you start prancing about again.
- Avoid Touching the Treated Areas: Try not to touch the treated areas for at least six hours so the injected products might shift from the areas. Although there is no pain, your face might feel a bit tender and sensitive following the treatment so it’s best to leave it alone. Refrain from rubbing, massages or letting others touch your face. The slightest damage can lead to additional complications.
- Avoid Alcohol: Alcohol can water down all efforts. It can bruise the face or lead to a condition called hematoma (swelling with clotted blood) because alcohol dilates blood vessels. Areas that were not bruised during the Botox treatment can get bruised with the swelling. Try not to consume alcohol a few days before and after the treatment to avoid bruising.
- Avoid Blood Thinners: For the same reason, avoid blood thinning medications such as Aspirin, Advil, Vitamin E, omega-3’s and fish oils two days both prior to the treatment and after to minimize bruising. Consult a physician or your Botox nurse before the treatment if you are under any medication.
- Avoid Lying Down: Try not to take a nap after your Botox treatment even if you are tempted to do so. You are advised against lying down for at least four hours to avoid any pressure on your face. Stay on your feet, go back to work or find ways to keep yourself busy to stay in an upright position.
- Avoid Sunbathing: Exposing yourself to extreme heat after Botox treatment is dangerous. Your skin is very sensitive after the treatment and prone to bruising. Sun exposure can increase the risk of dilated blood vessels leading to redness. Stay away from tanning, sunbathing or heat lamp procedures until the swelling and redness have diminished.
After about six hours, gently wash the injection area with soap and water. In about a week or ten days, your skin starts looking fresher and younger.
Enriched Med Spa – Your Destination for Beauty Rejuvenation
At Enriched Med Spa, we believe that rejuvenation is a journey that requires maintenance and should be addressed from different aspects. We can customize your treatments based on your aesthetic needs. Call us for any queries or to schedule an appointment.