CoolPeelThe CoolPeel will be available at Enriched Med Spa in early July 2022
What is Tetra CO2 Laser CoolPeel?
How does CoolPeel differ from traditional CO2 laser treatments?
CO2 lasers have been the gold standard in skin resurfacing for decades. While traditional CO2 lasers can indeed provide amazing results, they generally require a few weeks to even months of recovery for the skin to heal. A CoolPeel treatment is done with the latest, most advanced CO2 laser called the Tetra CO2 laser. What makes it outstanding and unparalleled is that it uses a very short pulse of light to deliver high energy to the skin. This means our Medical Aestheticians can precisely control the injury caused to the superficial skin, there is less buildup of heat in surrounding tissues, and less lingering heat in the skin. As a result, there is reduced redness, peeling, and flaking of the skin after CoolPeel treatments compared to traditional CO2 lasers. Additionally, the CoolPeel uses a spray pattern that shortens the treatment duration to about 10 minutes compared to 1-2 hours with traditional CO2 lasers.
Is the CoolPeel painful?
How much does CoolPeel cost?
How soon will I see the effects of the CoolPeel and how long will they last?
You will notice a dramatic improvement in your skin within 10 days of CoolPeel treatment. Through multiple treatments over the next 3-6 months, you will continue to see progressive improvement from CoolPeel as the deeper layers of your skin continue to heal. Depending on multiple factors, the results of CoolPeel can last between many months to multiple years. It is strongly encouraged and highly recommended that clients commit to a consistent and individualized skin care routine in order to maintain and optimize results.
What are the pre-care instructions for a CoolPeel treatment?
- Avoid sun exposure for 2 weeks before treatment and do not apply self-tanner for at least one week prior to treatment
- Avoid ablative hair removal methods (eg. waxing, laser hair removal) 7 days prior to treatment
- Discontinue use of active ingredients on the skin (eg. retinol, vitamin C, salicylic acid, AHA’s, benzoyl peroxide, hydroquinone, sulfur) 7 days prior to treatment
- Clients need to be off of Accutane for a minimum of 12 months prior to treatment
- Clients need to be off of any antibiotics or photosensitizing medications 2 weeks prior to treatment
- Clients with thick, coarse facial hair should have a cleanly shaven face the night before or the morning of the procedure – without visible stubble
What are the post-care instructions following a CoolPeel treatment?
- A sunburn sensation may linger for 12-24 hours after the treatment
- Keep a very thin layer of a protective balm on as needed for up to 3 days post-procedure, ensuring the skin does not dry out
- Avoid makeup for a minimum of 48 hours post-treatment
- Sleep with a clean pillowcase and head slightly elevated; mild swelling may occur upon awakening for the first 48 hours post-treatment
- Avoid the use of active ingredients on the skin (eg. retinol, vitamin C, salicylic acid, AHA’s, benzoyl peroxide, hydroquinone, sulfur) 7 days post-treatment
- Avoid direct sunlight for 48 hours after your treatment and consistently apply a sunscreen with SPF 30+ and broad-spectrum protection weeks following the treatment to protect your skin and maintain the results
- Avoid strenuous exercise that will cause sweating for 24 hours post-treatment
- Avoid hot tubs, saunas, and steam rooms for 7 days post-treatment
Use clean, disposable, and breathable face masks for 3 days post-treatment
book a free consultation
Enriched Med Spa is dedicated to providing you with a welcoming and professional environment for your medical aesthetic services. Our staff aims to make you comfortable during each visit by working with you to come up with an optimal care plan for your aesthetic needs and by personalizing each of your treatments.